Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Introduction to Toti Ramblers

I love Rambling. When I moved to Amanzimtoti in 2007 I missed going out each weekend to walk in Nature Reserves. I moaned and groaned until it suddenly dawned on me that if I wanted to ramble, I would have to do something about it.

I put an advert in the local newspaper and asked liked minded people to join me at Lords & Legends to discuss whether there was a need for a Rambling Club. 8 People attended that meeting.

2 Years on and we have 145 members on the data base with an active core of approximately 25 people who can be relied on to arrive for each walk. We meet every 2nd Sunday and ramble in Nature Reserves around our area. We have made many new friends this way and filled a gap in the market enabling single people to go walking in a group - in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment